JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: COOPERATIVE FACILITATOR
Position Announcement: Cooperative Facilitator
Location: Lompoc, CA
The initial focus of the position will be on developing Green Broom Brigade as a profitable business and as a successful worker cooperative including working with members to develop the business to full capacity. This will include member development and cooperative education, as well as expanding the business with an emphasis on producing quality environmentally green cleaning services to clients. The facilitator will assist members with accounting by costing product and services, tracking payments; and working with CCCD’s bookkeeper to maintain a system of wage and accounts tracking.
Qualifications & Expectations
• Bachelor or Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration, Community Development, Economics, Sociology, or other related field
• Experience with cooperative development and leadership; experience with worker cooperatives preferred
• Experience in community organizations and team development; experience working in diverse communities
• Demonstrated experience of strong verbal and written presentation skills
• Superior organizational and interpersonal communication skills
• Entrepreneurial/Business or comparable skills
• Ability to learn quickly and have an interest in developing a variety of new skills; be able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines; have the ability to work both autonomously and with groups.
• Experience interacting with the press and other communications media a plus
Hours: Full Time. Schedule varies week to week. There is an average of 1-3 evening meetings per week and some weekend meetings.
Languages: Must be bilingual in Spanish and English, with good writing and speaking skills in each language.
Salary: Starting salary based on Full time Equivalent (FTE): $3,000 to $3,333/month, based on education and experience. Position includes paid holidays, vacation time; full time employees are eligible for health insurance.
Application Process: Deadline: Open Until Filled. Applicants for the Cooperative Facilitator position must submit a completed CCCD application, their full resume along with a brief cover letter by email to CCCD at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: “Cooperative Facilitator Position”), or mailed to: CCCD; 979 F St. Suite A-1; Davis, CA 95616.
Please click the link below to download application.